Sub Agent (South Wales and South West)
Role - Permanent
We have exciting opportunities for Sub Agents to join our expanding operations in either South Wales or the South West of England. You will be based on a construction site/s and report directly to the Site Agent. The successful candidate will work alongside the site foreman and works managers to manage and deliver the project. The project civil engineers and trainee engineers will report directly to the Sub Agent and the Sub Agent will be responsible for reviewing and giving feedback on the quality of their work.
Walters are a market leading civil engineering contractor organisation employing over 500 people. We specialise in the self-delivery of high-quality civil engineering projects for a range of public and private sector clients. We are seeking a dynamic and driven individual who wants to join our team and be part of our success. The successful applicant will be highly motivated and practical with a track record within the civil engineering industry.
- Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working at or visiting site
- Ensure all works are completed in full compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy and procedure
- Ensuring any environmental protection measures are identified and implement the mitigating procedures and systems where appropriate
- Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health and safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site
- Preparing quality, environmental and construction phase plans in a timely manner
- Plan, measure, monitor and review progress throughout the project’s lifespan to ensure compliance with budget and programme
- Ensure appropriate plant, labour, sub-contract and material resources are available in a timely manner to meet the project programme
- Interpret engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with the client requirements
- Assist with ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring and reporting their performance throughout the project
- Assist with preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for the project CVR and budget forecast to completion
- Identify problems in sufficient time to allow effective mitigation to be implemented.
- Provide information to management to help resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers whilst also maintaining good relations
- Communicate and liaise with others to facilitate a teamwork approach to problem solving and operational tasks
- Mentoring and guidance for junior members of your team and operatives to fully develop their construction competencies
Pre-requisite qualifications and capabilities
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Track record of experience as a Sub Agent within the civil engineering industry.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Project, CAD or similar surveying packages
- A working knowledge of different standard forms of contracts
- Excellent oral and written skills. Able to write and present reports, prepare business management documents and present information and responses whilst participating in meetings with clients and other parties
- Good problem-solving skills – able to collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong commercial acumen
- Effective time management skills
- Resilience when working to fixed deadlines and managing risk
- CSCS card
- A competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Company contributing pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave
- Annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme
Site-based in either South Wales or the South West of England.