Walters are proud to announce that we have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, showing our continued commitment to supporting the Armed Forces Community.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation to ensure that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces and their families are treated fairly.
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans, and military families bring to our business and our country, and as such have drafted the following key principles and responsibilities to uphold our commitment to the Armed Forces:
- Promoting the Armed Forces: promoting the fact that we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and the wider public.
- Veterans: supporting the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process; working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of Service leavers;
- Reserves: supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces; supporting any mobilisations and deployment; actively encouraging members of staff to become Reservists.
- Cadet Organisations: supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations:
- Work Experience: Offering work experience placements to service leavers;
- Recruitment: Recognising military skills and qualifications when recruiting;
- National Events: Aim to support Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities;
- Armed Forces Charities: supporting Armed Forces charities with fundraising and supporting staff who volunteer to assist;
Further information about the Armed Forces Covenant can be found by clicking here
Proudly supporting those who serve.